INFRA PROBE. Independent Commission for Infrastructure Chairperson Andres Reyes Jr files criminal and administrative complaints against some government officialsINFRA PROBE. Independent Commission for Infrastructure Chairperson Andres Reyes Jr files criminal and administrative complaints against some government officials

Jinggoy Estrada, Manuel Bonoan barred from leaving Philippines

2026/02/16 18:50
2 min read

MANILA, Philippines – A Manila court has issued a precautionary hold departure order (PHDO) against Senator Jinggoy Estrada, former public works secretary Manuel Bonoan, and several other former Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) officials based on a petition filed by the Department of Justice (DOJ).

The order issued by Manila Regional Trial Court Branch 52 Presiding Judge Juan Rañola Jr. on February 10 also applies to the following:

  • Former DPWH undersecretary Roberto Bernardo
  • Former DPWH director Gerardo Opulencia
  • Former DPWH district engineer Henry Alcantara

In issuing the order dated February 10 — and was made available on Monday, February 16 — Rañola said “there is probable cause to believe that respondents will depart from the Philippines to evade arrest and prosecution of the crimes against them.”

The court ordered the Bureau of Immigration to include the names of the respondents in the agency’s Hold Departure List.

The PHDO stemmed from the complaints filed by the National Bureau of Investigation over alleged violation of section 3(e) of Republic Act No. 3019 or Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act, plunder, direct bribery, receiving gifts by public officers, and corrupt of public officers.

DOJ spokesperson Prosecutor Polo Martinez, however, clarified that the DOJ’s preliminary investigation into the said complaints are still ongoing.

Estrada has been dragged into the flood control scandal after former DPWH former assistant district engineer Brice Hernandez alleged that the senator channeled P355 million worth of projects to Hagonoy and Malolos, both in Bulacan, in 2025, with a supposed 30% “SOP” or kickback.

Must Read

ICI files complaint vs Co, Villanueva, Estrada, others

The senator, who was also previously tagged in the pork barrel scam, was also included in the Independent Commission for Infrastructure’s (ICI) recommendation to the Office of the Ombudsman as among the officials who should be held liable in the flood control scam.

Bonoan, meanwhile, was also included in an ICI recommendation to the Ombudsman for further investigation.

Alcantara, Bernardo, and Opulencia are state witnesses in the flood control corruption, as previously announced by the DOJ. – Rappler.com

Disclaimer: The articles reposted on this site are sourced from public platforms and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of MEXC. All rights remain with the original authors. If you believe any content infringes on third-party rights, please contact [email protected] for removal. MEXC makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content and is not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided. The content does not constitute financial, legal, or other professional advice, nor should it be considered a recommendation or endorsement by MEXC.

You May Also Like

Wired and Wireless Access Control Provider CellGate Launches Spanish-Language Customer and Technical Support Services

Wired and Wireless Access Control Provider CellGate Launches Spanish-Language Customer and Technical Support Services

Native Spanish-Speaking CellGate Team Members Will Support Installers, Dealers, and End Customers Nationwide CARROLLTON, Texas, Feb. 16, 2026 /PRNewswire/ — CellGate
Share
AI Journal2026/02/16 20:31
Federal Reserve’s Kashkari questions number of rate cuts to achieve neutrality

Federal Reserve’s Kashkari questions number of rate cuts to achieve neutrality

The post Federal Reserve’s Kashkari questions number of rate cuts to achieve neutrality appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Key Takeaways Federal Reserve’s Neel Kashkari highlighted uncertainty about the number of rate cuts needed to reach a neutral policy rate. Recent and expected rate cuts in 2025 coincide with a Fed shift toward an easing cycle, but the ‘neutral rate’ is higher than pre-pandemic levels. Neel Kashkari, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, expressed uncertainty today about how many additional rate cuts would be needed to reach a neutral policy stance. Kashkari and other Fed officials now estimate the neutral rate could be around 3.1%, higher than pre-pandemic levels of 2-3%. The elevated estimate suggests fewer cuts might be necessary to reach the theoretical rate where monetary policy neither stimulates nor restrains economic growth. The uncertainty about the neutral rate echoes debates from the 2010s when rates were held low for extended periods to aid recovery, contrasting with the Fed’s aggressive cuts to near-zero during the COVID-19 era in 2020. Source: https://cryptobriefing.com/kashkari-federal-reserve-rate-cut-neutrality-2025/
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/19 23:51
WTI Oil Price Stagnates Below $63.00 as Critical US-Iran Nuclear Talks Intensify Market Uncertainty

WTI Oil Price Stagnates Below $63.00 as Critical US-Iran Nuclear Talks Intensify Market Uncertainty

BitcoinWorld WTI Oil Price Stagnates Below $63.00 as Critical US-Iran Nuclear Talks Intensify Market Uncertainty Global energy markets face renewed pressure as
Share
bitcoinworld2026/02/16 20:35