DELA ROSA. Senator Ronald dela Rosa walks from his office to talk to journalists at the Senate on May 12, 2026.DELA ROSA. Senator Ronald dela Rosa walks from his office to talk to journalists at the Senate on May 12, 2026.

Torre on arresting Bato: I have no choice if President Marcos orders me

2026/05/22 21:20
Okuma süresi: 3 dk
Bu içerikle ilgili geri bildirim veya endişeleriniz için lütfen [email protected] üzerinden bizimle iletişime geçin.

When the Marcos government finally ordered a manhunt for International Criminal Court suspect Senator Bato dela Rosa, the public expectedly trained the spotlight on Nicolas Torre III. He, after all, made headlines for arresting doomsday preacher and trafficking suspect Apollo Quiboloy and then another ICC suspect former president Rodrigo Duterte one after another.

inside track logo

This time, would he be willing to arrest a fellow former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief and cavalier?

“‘Pag President [ang] nag-utos, automatic no choice, ‘di ba? (If the order comes from the President, we have bo choice but to follow, right?),” Torre said in a forum on Friday, May 22.

Ang pagtingin ko sa mga bagay na ‘yan, institutional (I look at matters like this as institutional). It’s not about a person, it’s not about me, it’s not about Senator Bato. It is about a process, it is about a system, it is about a law, and it is about a job,” Torre added.

Dela Rosa escaped from the Senate on May 14 — three days after his reappearance after hiding for six months — to continue evading his ICC warrant. He is wanted for a crimes against humanity case that stemmed from his alleged involvement in the Davao Death Squad and war on drugs killings.

On Thursday, May 21, the Marcos government finally ordered Dela Rosa’s arrest, after days of a wishy-washy stance. Too bad, however, that Dela Rosa is now in hiding again after being shielded for a few days by a Senate custody.

Must Read

Marcos gov’t is now willing to arrest Bato dela Rosa. What happens now?

The National Bureau of Investigation attempted to arrest Dela Rosa inside the Senate on May 11, but failed. This was why some people thought that Torre, a master of mind games, should lead the arrest of a high-profile suspect as Dela Rosa.

The problem now is that Torre had retired from the PNP and is currently the general manager of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA).

Torre’s rise

To recall: Torre rose from the ranks after nabbing Quiboloy and Duterte. He was promoted as the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group chief in September 2024 after leading the 16-day police operation that led to the doomsday preacher’s arrest. In May 2025, he was named the PNP chief some two months after Duterte’s arrest. 

However, he was sacked by Marcos in August that same year — barely three months later — after he got on the wrong side of Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla, who also chairs the National Police Commission, over police appointments. 

Remulla last week came to the Senate while Dela Rosa was still there, but didn’t arrest the senator, despite the existence of an ICC warrant. He went there after the shooting incident on May 13, saying he came to protect the senators, including Dela Rosa.

“The last time I checked, the Senate building is not under MMDA’s jurisdiction. It’s not a landfill, nor a waterway. That’s why we did not thoroughly probe what happened there,” Torre jokingly told the press.

Workaround

On a more serious note, the MMDA general manager told GMA’s DZBB on Friday that he will work around whatever falls under their jurisdiction at the MMDA.

Must Read

It took a Nicolas Torre to haul Rodrigo Duterte to The Hague

“That work [of arresting a suspect], that actually takes a whole-of-government approach. All of government institutions are part of it. That’s why, for us, if something falls under the MMDA’s jurisdiction, we will help,” Torre explained. – Rappler.com

Piyasa Fırsatı
ME Logosu
ME Fiyatı(ME)
$0.10035
$0.10035$0.10035
+1.78%
USD
ME (ME) Canlı Fiyat Grafiği

AI Strategy: Powered 24/7

AI Strategy: Powered 24/7AI Strategy: Powered 24/7

Generate automated strategies using natural language

Sorumluluk Reddi: Bu sitede yeniden yayınlanan makaleler, halka açık platformlardan alınmıştır ve yalnızca bilgilendirme amaçlıdır. MEXC'nin görüşlerini yansıtmayabilir. Tüm hakları telif sahiplerine aittir. Herhangi bir içeriğin üçüncü taraf haklarını ihlal ettiğini düşünüyorsanız, kaldırılması için lütfen [email protected] ile iletişime geçin. MEXC, içeriğin doğruluğu, eksiksizliği veya güncelliği konusunda hiçbir garanti vermez ve sağlanan bilgilere dayalı olarak alınan herhangi bir eylemden sorumlu değildir. İçerik, finansal, yasal veya diğer profesyonel tavsiye niteliğinde değildir ve MEXC tarafından bir tavsiye veya onay olarak değerlendirilmemelidir.

Ayrıca Şunları da Beğenebilirsiniz

NuScale Power (SMR) Stock Jumps on Amazon Deal — One Bigger Catalyst Still Ahead

NuScale Power (SMR) Stock Jumps on Amazon Deal — One Bigger Catalyst Still Ahead

TLDR NuScale Power (SMR) stock jumped after Amazon signed agreements to use SMR technology to power AI data centers Romania’s Final Investment Decision in February
Paylaş
Coincentral2026/05/24 17:29
UK crypto holders brace for FCA’s expanded regulatory reach

UK crypto holders brace for FCA’s expanded regulatory reach

The post UK crypto holders brace for FCA’s expanded regulatory reach appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. British crypto holders may soon face a very different landscape as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) moves to expand its regulatory reach in the industry. A new consultation paper outlines how the watchdog intends to apply its rulebook to crypto firms, shaping everything from asset safeguarding to trading platform operation. According to the financial regulator, these proposals would translate into clearer protections for retail investors and stricter oversight of crypto firms. UK FCA plans Until now, UK crypto users mostly encountered the FCA through rules on promotions and anti-money laundering checks. The consultation paper goes much further. It proposes direct oversight of stablecoin issuers, custodians, and crypto-asset trading platforms (CATPs). For investors, that means the wallets, exchanges, and coins they rely on could soon be subject to the same governance and resilience standards as traditional financial institutions. The regulator has also clarified that firms need official authorization before serving customers. This condition should, in theory, reduce the risk of sudden platform failures or unclear accountability. David Geale, the FCA’s executive director of payments and digital finance, said the proposals are designed to strike a balance between innovation and protection. He explained: “We want to develop a sustainable and competitive crypto sector – balancing innovation, market integrity and trust.” Geale noted that while the rules will not eliminate investment risks, they will create consistent standards, helping consumers understand what to expect from registered firms. Why does this matter for crypto holders? The UK regulatory framework shift would provide safer custody of assets, better disclosure of risks, and clearer recourse if something goes wrong. However, the regulator was also frank in its submission, arguing that no rulebook can eliminate the volatility or inherent risks of holding digital assets. Instead, the focus is on ensuring that when consumers choose to invest, they do…
Paylaş
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/17 23:52
Rubio Drops Iran Breakthrough Bombshell as Nuclear Deal Talks Heat Up

Rubio Drops Iran Breakthrough Bombshell as Nuclear Deal Talks Heat Up

Rubio Signals Breakthrough in Iran Nuclear Talks as Strait of Hormuz Deal Reshapes Global Market Risk Outlook US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has confirmed
Paylaş
Hokanews2026/05/24 17:05

No Chart Skills? Still Profit

No Chart Skills? Still ProfitNo Chart Skills? Still Profit

Copy top traders in 3s with auto trading!